Our patent-protected and multi-award-winning Barrier Master® is a special purpose attachment that has been developed to quickly and safely remove all types of posts. From VRS posts to lighting columns and anything in between, Barrier Master® can remove posts with any foundation i.e concreted, driven or socketed. Operated entirely from the comfort and safety of the driver’s cab or remote control for lorry mounted crane version, Barrier Master® grips posts and extracts them in one safe, controlled operation.
- Operated entirely from the safety of the driver’s cab (or remote control for lorry mounted crane version)
- Eliminates all safety concerns traditionally associated with conventional methods of post-extraction.
- 3 models to suit either 8-tonne or 5-tonne excavator classes
- Proven to be up to 10 times faster than conventional methods
- The larger Barrier Master® model boasts an impressive 15 tonnes of pulling force and can remove posts complete with concrete footings up to 1.5 metre diameter. The smaller model offers ten tonnes of pulling power and can handle footings up to 1.0mtr dia.
THE BARRIER MASTER IN ACTION
- All pulling force is directed into the ground and none is transmitted to the carrier
- No danger of ejected parts as Barrier Master® does not rely on pulling force for clamping power.
- Get in touch for hiring and purchasing rates
We are the only UK manufacturer offering this patent-protected solution and have appointed Strimech Attachments, the established name in attachments, as our worldwide distributor.
Now used increasingly by highway contractors across the UK, Barrier Master® represents a significant leap forward in operator safety.
“Barrier Master has proved to be our safest and most cost-effective method of choice for VRS removal. We have timed it removing up to 120 posts per hour on our M27 contract. We will definitely be recommending Barrier Master to our contractors.”
“The Barrier Master is an industry game-changer which overcomes all safety concerns associated with the traditional and well-established industry methods.”
“We were impressed with the Barrier Master on the M1 Jn16-19 project where we were dealing with large quantities of VRS posts in the central reserve. After the initial operator learning curve, the outputs we achieved were very good. The machine was powerful enough to deal with most VRS posts including corroded sockets and long driven posts in well-compacted ground. Two of the benefits from a safety perspective are 1) much less noise than a percussive extractor, and 2) there is no tension or stored energy and so not potential for an uncontrolled release of it.
We are citing our experience on the M1 J16-19 with the Barrier Master when quoting for future work.”
“Safety barrier post removal has been a topic for discussion within the highways industry for many years. The Barrier Master is an industry game changer which overcomes all safety concerns associated with the traditional and well-established industry methods. A-one+ have found the Barrier Master to be faster, more efficient and a more economical method of post-extraction which will undoubtedly benefit the wider industry.”